New to yoga? Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
At Grass Roots Yoga we understand what it’s like to try something new, so we’ll make it easy for you. We also give you a $50 for 30 day pass to try us out!
Most every class is heated*, work the entire body, make you sweat out unwanted toxins and leave you feeling better than ever. For one of your first classes, we suggest that you select one of the below:
*Yin & Slow Flow are conducted in warm room
We want to get to know you!
We really do. So, we offer all new students to GRY a $50 for 30 days pass. This gives you the opportunity to really see what classes, teachers and time slots work best for you.
Also, the experience of your first hot yoga class can be overwhelming, so with 30 days to come back and try more, you have a little more time to regroup, try different classes and talk to us about your practice.
What does my $50 for 30 days pass include?
The $50 for 30 days introductory offer is valid to any new student to Grass Roots Yoga at any of our locations – St Kilda & Mornington. Students who have taken a casual classes before are still eligible, but you’ll have to sign up at the studio.
This pass includes once daily practice at any of our studio locations. It does not include free mats and towels. The introductory pass is a stand-alone offer and does not require renewal. Introductory offers cannot be put on hold for any duration.
From our hot yoga, to flow, to yin and back our classes will give you the foundation you need to grow your yoga practice safely and with confidence.
Student tips – before class
- Come to class on a fairly empty stomach, trying not to eat any heavy meals 2 – 3 hours prior and arrive well hydrated. If you feel hungry before class, then something like a banana or piece of fruit is ideal
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class to ensure that the class starts on time
- Notify the teacher of injuries or medical conditions. This helps the teacher know how to assist you and give you modifications
- Wear what you would if you were going for a run – it’s hot!
- Remove your shoes each time you come into the studio
- A yoga mat is included in your first visit
- Turn off your mobile phone and leave in the change rooms or a locker – no phones in the practice spaces
- Bring a towel to put over your mat
- Bring a bottle for drinking water to keep hydrated throughout the class and beyond – no glass bottles please
*Water, towels and various hydration solutions are also available at reception for hire/purchase.
Student tips – after class
- View our entire schedule of classes and book yourself in for another session – committing to do something is half the battle!
- Download our mobile app to make signing in and out of classes that much easier
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date with the latest in class updates
- Purchase a yoga mat! Having your own mat supports your commitment to your practice and ensures its cleanliness. We also have mats ($1) and towels ($2) which can be rented from the front desk
- Practice often. The more you practice the better you feel. 4-6 times per week for maximum benefit. 2-3 times per week will show tremendous improvement for most students within three months